Skip to content

Articles & News

Articles Related to

Modification & Enforcement

Can PSS or Alimony be modified

Can I Modify My Child Support?

April 10, 2023

Over time both court orders and out of court agreements on child support may become outdated and require reconsideration. When it comes to issues surrounding child custody and child support, the court retains authority in each North Carolina court case to determine the best interests of a child and can enter orders that modify existing…

Read More
How is a Dependent Spouse's Financial Need Assessed?

Can Alimony be Increased or Reduced? 

August 17, 2022

For matters of post-separation support and alimony that were resolved through the entry of a North Carolina court order, it is possible to have the terms modified or vacated, even after a divorce is final. Any requests for modifications are governed by NC Gen Stat § 50-16.9, and, similar to orders for child custody and…

Read More
Can Alimony be Modified?

Can a PSS or Alimony Order be Modified? 

June 21, 2022

An order entered by the court for PSS or alimony may be modified or vacated at any time, upon application made to the court by either party and a showing of changed circumstances.  A change in circumstances that may warrant modification of an order for PSS or alimony may include a dependent spouse’s cohabitation or…

Read More
Scroll To Top